Accelerated Summer LLM
Applications will be accepted starting September 1 for the 2015 session.
Northwestern University School of Law offers a unique Master of Laws (LLM) program, which allows international lawyers to study business law in a concentrated format.
A Business-Focused Accelerated LLM Program
The accelerated LLM program brings together law graduates from diverse non-U.S. jurisdictions to study in the heart of Chicago, one of the most vibrant business communities in the world. The program attracts candidates with experience in practice or other settings, who bring an appreciation of their home country’s legal system, as well as an interest in learning in a truly global setting. The accelerated LLM program is intended for candidates whose personal or professional obligations limit their ability to spend an entire year studying in the United States in a traditional LLM program.
- Accelerated LLM students earn an LLM degree in an intensive 15-week in-class time period over one summer in Chicago (May through mid August) or two 7.5-week sessions over two summers.
- Program emphasizes the important role of the lawyer as a strategic business advisor.
- Students have opportunity to qualify for the California Bar Exam.*
- Courses focus on business contracts, business and corporate organization, intellectual property, negotiation, securities regulation, antitrust, international taxation, and American trial process.
- Students are taught by internationally recognized full-time Northwestern Law faculty.
- Classes involve lively discussions, with problems and case studies as well as the use of leading educational technologies.
- Students have the opportunity to interact with JD students in Northwestern’s innovative Accelerated JD program, expanding the LLM graduate’s American and international network.
Premiere Urban Location
Chicago is home to many world-class law firms and multinational corporations. The LLM program draws on these resources to expose students to the ways in which business issues related to law arise outside the classroom. Regular discussions with practitioners and executives will facilitate bridging classroom discussions with the real world.
High Quality LLM Education Delivered in a Cost and Time Efficient Manner
Northwestern Law School's accelerated LLM program offers a unique opportunity to study American business law in one of the most cost and time efficient masters in law (LLM) formats. Whether you are interested in a traditional masters of law, executive LLM, online LLM, or summer LLM program, be sure to consider among your alternatives Northwestern Law School's accelerated LLM program - a 15 week summer program (or two summers, 7.5 weeks each) in a spectacular downtown Chicago setting.
For general inquiries, please e-mail the accelerated LLM Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Graduates of Northwestern Law's accelerated LLM program may now qualify to take the California Bar Exam. While the Law School does not guarantee bar exam eligibility to accelerated LLM students for any state, the California State Bar has notified Northwestern Law that the current accelerated LLM program will qualify a student to take the California Bar Exam.
Along with other courses in the accelerated LLM program, students must satisfactorily complete the program's Professional Responsibility course to meet California Bar Exam eligibility requirements.
Please refer to the Comprehensive Guide to Bar Admission Requirements for more information on bar exam eligibility requirements for any state.