Welcome, Incoming JD Students!
Please carefully review the information below to help you prepare for your arrival and Orientation Week. If you have any questions, you may contact Student Services
Before You Arrive
Pre-Matriculation Guide for Incoming Students (pdf)
Please be sure to review and comply with the immunization requiremments as soon as possible. Failure to comply with all health requirments will complicate registering for classes.
Completed forms should be mailed to:
Northwestern University Health Service
Attn: Health Information Management Service
633 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208-4000
Orientation Survey (Mandatory)
The survey must be completed by Sunday, August 18th
If you have not already done so, please send an official copy of your final undergraduate transcript to:
Northwestern University School of Law
Office of Admissions
375 E. Chicago Ave., RB 130
Chicago, IL 60611
(A special note for JD-MBA students: You need to submit separate, official copies of your undergraduate transcripts to both the Law School and Kellogg.)
You will NOT be able to register if we have not received an official transcript from your undergraduate school. LSDAS reports are not official.
Notebook Purchase Program
- All incoming JD students are required to have a computer that meets or exceeds the University's recommended guidelines.
- To make the purchase of a notebook easier and more affordable, Northwestern Law sponsors a program through which students can purchase at a discount notebooks that meet the school's standards and have the peripherals needed to connect to the Law School and University networks.
- The IT department will NOT support non-Law School Program computers.
- Course Bidding and Cousrse Registration; Adding and Dropping Classes, to learn more about the process visit the Registrar's site.
Tenataive Orientation Week Schedule(pdf)
This schedule is tentative and subject to minor revisions. A final schedule will be available during Orientation.
Useful Information: Northwestern Law A to Z (pdf)
Public Service Events
- Student Effort to Rejuvenate Volunteering (SERV), a student group organization focused on improving community service involvement, has planned a few volunteer projects at various locations September 7th.
- Potential Day of Service sites (Actual sites may vary): A Just Harvest, Asian Youth Services, Brown Elephant Resale Shops, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Chicago Park District, Chinese American Service League, Gilda's Club, Global Girls, Greater Chicago Food Depository, Jarvis Bird Sanctuaries, Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago, Port Ministries, Su Casa, Talcott Fine Arts and Museum Academy, Working in the Schools (WITS).
- Day of Services site for September 8th :CJE Senior Life.