Welcome, Incoming LLM Students!
Please carefully review the information below to help you prepare for your arrival and Orientation Week. If you have any questions, you may contact Student Services.
Before You Arrive
Pre-Matriculation Guide for Incoming Students (pdf)
Please be sure to review and comply with the immunization requirements as soon as possible. Failure to comply with all health requirments will complicate registering for classes.
Completed forms should be mailed to:
Northwestern University Health Service
Attn: Health Information Management Service
633 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208-4000
Orientation Survey (Mandatory)
The following survey must be completed by Sunday, August 18th.
International Drivers License
We strongly suggest that you obtain the International Drivers license in your home country which will serve you temporarily after your arrival to the U.S. Once you are here, you may have the option to obtain the Temporary Visitors Drivers License (TVDL) which will be valid for another 3 years. Visit the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicle's site for more information.
Notebook Purchase Program
- All incoming students are required to have a computer that meets or exceeds the University's recommended guidelines.
- To make the purchase of a notebook easier and more affordable, Northwestern Law sponsors a program through which students can purchase at a discount notebooks that meet the school's standards and have the peripherals needed to connect to the Law School and University networks.
- The IT department will NOT support non-Law School Program computers.
- Course Bidding and Cousrse Registration; Adding and Dropping Classes, to learn more about the process visit the Registrar's site.
Tenative Orientation Week Schedule (pdf) This schedule is tentative and subject to minor revisions. A final schedule will be available during Orientation.
Useful Information: Northwestern Law A to Z (pdf)
Frequently Asked Questions
Public Service Events
- Student Effort to Rejuvenate Volunteering (SERV), a student group organization focused on improving community service involvement, has planned a few volunteer projects at various locations September 7th.
- Potential Day of Service sites (Actual sites may vary): A Just Harvest, Asian Youth Services, Brown Elephant Resale Shops, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Chicago Park District, Chinese American Service League, Gilda's Club, Global Girls, Greater Chicago Food Depository, Jarvis Bird Sanctuaries, Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago, Port Ministries, Su Casa, Talcott Fine Arts and Museum Academy, Working in the Schools (WITS).
- Day of Services site for September 8th :CJE Senior Life.