Welcome Transfer Students!
Please carefully review the information below to help you prepare for your arrival on August 12th. Transfer Student Schedule for August 12th.
Before You Arrive
Pre-Matriculation Guide for Incoming Students (pdf)
Please be sure to review and comply with the immunization requiremments as soon as possible. Failure to comply with all health requirments will complicate registering for classes.
Completed forms should be mailed to:
Northwestern University Health Service
Attn: Health Information Management Service
633 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208-4000
Orientation Survey (Mandatory)
The following survey must be completed by Sunday, August 18th.
If you have not already done so, please send an official copy of your final undergraduate and law school transcripts to:
Northwestern University School of Law
Office of Admissions
375 E. Chicago Ave., RB 130
Chicago, IL 60611
You will NOT be able to register if we have not received these official transcripts. LSDAS reports are not official.
Notebook Purchase Program
- All incoming students are required to have a computer that meets or exceeds the University's recommended guidelines.
- To make the purchase of a notebook easier and more affordable, Northwestern Law sponsors a program through which students can purchase at a discount notebooks that meet the school's standards and have the peripherals needed to connect to the Law School and University networks.
- The IT department will NOT support non-Law School Program computers.
- Course Bidding and Course Registration; Adding and Dropping Classes, to learn more about the process visit the Registrar's site.
As you review the information and August 26-29 orientation schedule, please note that you are welcome to take advantage of these opportunities to better understand our community and approach to legal education. We are aware that interviewing schedules may conflict with these sessions. If you would like to attend the PORTAL session, please RSVP to the Angie Roberts in Student Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Campus Interviewing for Transfer Students
An overview of Fall Recruiting at Northwestern Law and important instructions for participating in our fall interviewing programs. As soon as you receive your admission letter, you are welcome to contact your Career Advisor with questions about fall recruiting. You will not, however, be able to bid on interviews until the Admissions Office has received your tuition deposit.
Northwestern Law's On-Campus Interviewing ("OCI") period runs from August 13 through August 23. To participate in OCI, you must submit your interview bids by 5:00 p.m. on July 30. You should submit your OCI as soon as possible. Please note that you will not have access to Symplicity, and therefore cannot enter your OCI bids, until after the Admissions Office has received your tuition deposit.
- Tentative Orientation Week Schedule(pdf) (Week of August 26th)
This schedule is tentative and subject to minor revisions. A final schedule will be available during Orientation.
- Useful Information: Northwestern Law A to Z (pdf)
Public Service Events
- Student Effort to Rejuvenate Volunteering (SERV), a student group organization focused on improving community service involvement, has planned a few volunteer projects at various locations September 7th.
- Potential Day of Service sites (Actual sites may vary): A Just Harvest, Asian Youth Services, Brown Elephant Resale Shops, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Chicago Park District, Chinese American Service League, Gilda's Club, Global Girls, Greater Chicago Food Depository, Jarvis Bird Sanctuaries, Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago, Port Ministries, Su Casa, Talcott Fine Arts and Museum Academy, Working in the Schools (WITS).
- Day of Services site for September 8th :CJE Senior Life.