Helene S. Shapo
Professor of Law Emerita
Phone: (312) 503-8454
SSRN Author Page
| Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Helene Shapo writes in the fields of legal writing, trusts and estates and family law. Her current research interests focus on marital property law and reproductive technologies. In 1992 and 2001 she was a visiting fellow at Wolfson College, Cambridge University.
Areas of Expertise
- Legal Writing
- Estates and Trusts
View additional publications
- Family Law: Cases, Materials and Problems (LexisNexis, 2011) (with Peter N. Swisher and H. Anthony Miller).
- Writing for Law Practice, 2nd edition (Foundation Press, 2010) (with Elizabeth Fajans, and Mary R. Falk ).
- Law School Without Fear: Strategies for Success, 3rd edition (Foundation Press, 2009) (with Marshall Shapo ).
- Writing and Analysis in the Law, 5th edition (Foundation Press, 2008) (with Marilyn R. Walter, and Elizabeth Fajans ).
- The Law of Trusts and Trustees, Sections 201-230, Third Edition (Thomson West, 2007) (with George Gleason Bogert, and George Taylor Bogert ).
- Assisted Reproduction and the Law: Disharmony on a Divisive Social Issue in 100 northwestern university law review 465-479 (2006).
- Frozen Pre-embryos and the Right to Change One's Mind in 12 duke journal of comparative and international law 75 (2002).
- BA, Smith College
- MAT, Harvard University
- JD, University of Virginia
Perkins-Bauer Teaching Professor of Law, 1987-1988, Northwestern School of Law
Associate Professor of Law, 1981-1983, Northwestern School of Law
Assistant Professor of Law, 1978-1981, Northwestern School of Law
Law Clerk, 1977-1978, Hon. James C. Turk, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Attorney, 1976-1977, Robert M. Musselman and Associates
Instructor, 1976-1978, Graduate School, University of Virginia