2011 Hotel Information
Chicago offers many options, but here are three good ones, all an easy walk to Northwestern and reasonably priced. All rates are before taxes.
- Affinia Chicago Hotel, 166 East Superior Street, Chicago IL, (312) 787-6000. Closest to Northwestern, a bit nicer than the Allerton. Email: Chelsea Wagenblast
- Allerton Hotel, 701 North Michigan Avenue Chicago IL, (312) 440-1500. $118 for Queen bed (Northwestern rate). Older but nice hotel, smaller rooms.
- Omni Chicago Hotel, 676 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL, (312) 944-6664. King or queen suite, $169 (Northwestern rate, all rooms non-smoking).
Chicago has some quite low-priced options. You might check online services, such as www.cheaphotels.com and www.hotwire.com. Hotwire can have especially good deals, but you won’t know what hotel you are at until the last minute.
Attendees have also suggested the following nearby options:
- Howard Johnson Inn, 720 North Lasalle Street,Tel. (312) 664-8100, www.hojo.com: Stay and Save Program (pay in advance, 2-night minimum, non-cancelable) (prices may change)
- $87.20 for Sun-Wed, July 10-13
- $84.15 for Sun Aug 14; $79.20 for Aug 15-18; $111 for Aug 19.
- Tremont Chicago Hotel, 100 East Chestnut Street, Tel. (312) 751-1900, www.tremontchicago.com: $104 with AAA member discount
A number of other hotels in the area also offer discounts to Northwestern guests, visit our hotel information page for additional options.