David L. Cameron
Associate Director, Tax Program
Phone: (312) 503-1747
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
David L. Cameron, Associate Director of the Graduate Tax Program and Senior Lecturer at Northwestern Law, specializes in the taxation of property transactions and real estate development. He teaches courses in Federal Income Tax, State and Local Taxation, Real Estate Finance, and Property. He has co-authored a casebook on commercial real estate development and has co-authored several articles and a leading treatise on the taxation of intellectual property. See Postlewaite, Cameron, and Kittle-Kamp, Federal Income Taxation of Intellectual Properties and Intangible Assets (Warren Gorham and Lamont, 1997).
- Introduction: Symposium on International Tax Reform in a Reset Economy in 30 northwestern journal of international law & business 505-516 (2010). (with Philip F. Postlewaite )
- Incremental International Tax Reform: A Review of Selected Proposals in 30 northwestern journal of international law & business 565-619 (2010). (with Philip F. Postlewaite)
- LRAPs: How Flexible is the Language of Section 108(f)? in 123 tax notes 1559 (2009).
- The Lazarus Effect: A Commentary on In-Kind Guaranteed Payments in 7 florida tax review 339-410 (2006). (with Philip F. Postlewaite)
- Research Tax Credit: Statutory Construction, Regulatory Interpretation and Policy Incoherence in IX computer law review and technology journal 63 (2004).
- BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- JD, Northwestern University