Visiting Clinical Professor of Law
Phone: (312) 503-0890
SSRN Author Page
| Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Julie Waterstone (JD '00) is visiting from Southwestern Law School, where she is the associate dean for experiential learning and a clinical professor of law. At Southwestern, Professor Waterstone teaches and directs the Children's Rights Clinic and teaches a Special Education Law Seminar. Her work focuses on the rights of children, particularly in the areas of special education and school discipline. Professor Waterstone received her BA from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1995 and her JD from Northwestern University School of Law in 2000.
View additional publications
- A Solution Hiding in Plain Sight: Special Education and Better Outcomes for Students with Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Challenges in 41 fordham urban law journal 403 (2013) (with Yael Cannon and Michael Gregory).
- Charter Schools Must Educate All of Our Children in LOS ANGELES DAILY JOURNAL (July 27, 2012) (with Michael Waterstone).
- Secial Education Advocacy (LexisNexis Publishing, 2011) (with Ruth Colker).
- A Step Toward Dismantling the School to Prison Pipeline in LOS ANGELES DAILY JOURNAL (June 28, 2011).
- Advocacy Tips for School Discipline Proceedings in LOS ANGELES DAILY JOURNAL (December 28, 2010).
- Giving Kids a Fair Day in Court in LOS ANGELES DAILY JOURNAL (January 7, 2010).
- BA with honors, University of California - Santa Barbara
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law
Associate Dean for Experiential Learning, Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Children’s Rights Clinic, 2014-present, Southwestern Law School
Clinical Professor and Director of the Children’s Rights Clinic, 2012-2014, Southwestern Law School
Associate Clinical Professor and Director of the Children’s Rights Clinic, 2007-2012, Southwestern Law School
Staff Attorney, 2006-2007, Public Counsel, Los Angeles
Clinical Professor, 2005-2006, University of Mississippi School of Law, Civil Legal Clinic
Visiting Clinical Professor and Staff Attorney, 2003-2005, University of Mississippi School of Law, Civil Legal Clinic
Litigation Associate, 2000-2003, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy