Visiting Professor of Law
Phone: (312) 503-1855
SSRN Author Page
| Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Michael Waterstone will be visiting at Northwestern Law School during the 2014-15 academic year. He is the J. Howard Ziemann Fellow and Professor of Law at Loyola Law School, and was most recently the Associate Dean for Research and Academic Centers. His primary research interests are in disability civil rights law and policy. He has been the Chair of the Disability and Law and Mental Disability sections of the American Association of Law Schools, and in 2012, received a grant from the Japan Foundation to work on shared understandings of US and Japanese Disability Law.
Areas of Expertise
- Civil Procedure
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Disability Law
View additional publications
- Disability Constitutional Law in 63 emory law journal 527 (2013).
- Disability Cause Lawyers in 53 william and mary law review 1287 (2012) (with Michael Stein and David Wilkins).
- Cause Lawyering for People with Disabilities in 123 harvard law review 1658 (2010) (with Michael Stein and David Wilkins).
- Returning Veterans and Disability Law in 85 notre dame law review 1081 (2010).
- A New Vision of Public Enforcement in 92 minnesota law review 434 (2007).
- The Untold Story of the Rest of the Americans with Disabilities Act in 58 vanderbilt law review 1807 (2005).
- BA summa cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles
- JD magna cum laude, Harvard Law School
Assistant Professor, 2003-2006, University of Mississippi Law School
Litigation Associate, 2000-2003, Munger, Tolles, & Olson
Law Clerk, Hon. Richard S. Arnold, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit