Robert R. Wootton
Professor of Practice
Robert Wootton joined the tax faculty in 2006. A partnership tax scholar, he brings to the program insights gleaned over almost 25 years in private practice at Sidley & Austin and successor partnerships and as the Tax Legislative Counsel of the U.S. Treasury Department during the George H.W. Bush Administration.
- Partnership Taxation: Cases, Materials, and Problems, 2014/2015 Edition (Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 2014) (with Philip F. Postlewaite).
- Partnership Taxation: Cases, Materials, and Problems, 2012/2013 Edition (Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 2012) (with Philip F. Postlewaite).
- Partnership Taxation: Cases, Materials, and Problems, 8th edition (Warren, Gorham, & Lamont, 2010) (with Philip Postlewaite ).
- Taxation of the Seller in a Multi-Year Sale or Exchange: Whither Mrs. Logan’s Ghost? (2002).
- Mrs. Logan’s Ghost: The Open Transaction Doctrine Today (1993).
- BA, Yale University
- BPhil, Oxford University
- JD, Yale University
- Senior Lecturer, Northwestern University School of Law
- Partner, Sidley & Austin and successor partnerships
- Tax Legislative Counsel, United States Treasury Department