Robert R. Wootton
Phone: (312) 503-1334
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Robert Wootton joined the tax faculty in 2006 as its first Practitioner in Residence. He brings to the program insights gleaned over almost 25 years in private practice at Sidley Austin LLC and predecessor partnerships and as the Tax Legislative Counsel of the U.S. Treasury Department during the George H.W. Bush Administration.
- Partnership Taxation: Cases, Materials, and Problems, 2012/2013 Edition (Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 2012) (with Philip F. Postlewaite).
- Partnership Taxation Problems and Answers, 8th edition (Warren, Gorham, & Lamont, 2010) (with Philip Postlewaite ).
- Partnership Taxation: Cases, Materials, and Problems, 8th edition (Warren, Gorham, & Lamont, 2010) (with Philip Postlewaite ).
- Taxation of the Seller in a Multi-Year Sale or Exchange: Whither Mrs. Logan’s Ghost? (2002).
- Mrs. Logan’s Ghost: The Open Transaction Doctrine Today (1993).
- BA, Yale University
- BPhil, Oxford University
- JD, Yale University
Partner, Sidley & Austin and successor partnerships
Tax Legislative Counsel, United States Treasury Department