Professor of Law Emeritus
Emeritus Director, Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center
Professor Morsch teaches entrepreneurship and nonprofit organization law and is the emeritus director of Northwestern Law's Donal Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center. The Donal Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center gives students hands-on experience representing entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofit organizations. He has been awarded a Dean's Teaching Award by the Law School on several occasions.
Prior to joining the Law School faculty, Professor Morsch was a senior partner and member of the Executive Committee at the firm now known as Sidley Austin. He has served as president of Public Interest Law Initiative, Chicago Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights under Law, Chicago Bar Foundation and Northwestern's Law Alumni Association, and on the advisory boards of Kellogg's Center for Nonprofit Management, Catholic Charities of Chicago, and the Illinois Equal Justice Commission. He is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and an active commercial arbitrator. Professor Morsch has received many awards for his charitable and professional endeavors, including the Cardinal Bernardin Award from the Chicago Legal Clinic, a professional recognition award from Loyola University School of Law, and the first Abraham Lincoln Marovitz Civil Rights Award from the Anti-Defamation League as well as a lifetime achievement award from the Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago. In September 2006 he received a Justice John Paul Stevens Award for "extraordinary integrity and service to the community throughout his career."
Areas of Expertise
- Intellectual Property
- Business Associations
- Clinical Teaching
- Guidelines for Establishing a Law School Investor Advocacy Clinic (FINRA Investor Education Foundation, 2009) (with J. Samuel Tenenbaum ).
- The Battle of Monasternenaugh, 1579 in 23 irish sword 305-314 (2003).
- Discovering Transactional Pro Bono in 72 umkc law review 423-431 (2004).
- Schools Offer Hands-On Training in CHICAGO LAWYER (December 1, 2005).
- BA, University of Notre Dame
- BSL, Northwestern University
- JD, Northwestern University
- Partner and Counsel, 1972-2000, Sidley & Austin (Chicago)
- Partner, 1955-1972, Leibman, Williams, Bennett, Baird & Minow (Chicago)
Recent Consulting Activities
- Commercial Arbitration Panelist, American Arbitration Association