Submit an Event
Any event sponsored by a Northwestern Law organization with a date, time and on-campus location, may be posted to the Law Calendar. Events will appear:
- on the Law Calendar
- on the Events landing page
- on department landing pages (where applicable)
- within the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Today daily email
- on the directory kiosks at each of the main entrances (if the event is taking place at the Law School)
- on the screen outside the reserved room (where available)
- Use a descriptive heading and include a detailed event description (avoid abbreviations or using language which may not be clear to individuals outside our Law School)
- Indicate the intended audience: students, faculty, staff, alumni, Law School community, general public, etc.
- Determine which Calendars this event should appear on: Main Law Calendar and/or Faculty Calendar (private)
- List the person or organization that has planned the event and a contact person's name, phone number and/or e-mail address
First secure a room through the Law School Room Reservations System (VirtualEMS). Once the Law Administrative Services team processes the request (typically within 24 hours), your event will then be routed for approval to the manager of the Law Calendar. Your event will flow through to the Law Calendar within 30 minutes following this approval.
You may make edits via VirtualEMS to adjust the event title, description, audience, web link, and contact details as needed. (Under the 'Reservations' menu, access 'My Requests'.) Contact Administrative Services (or a department super user representative who has the Web Client software) for any additional modifications or to add set up and break down time for your event.
Contact your faculty assistant to reserve a room for an event.
Students may request space for their Law School event via the Student Services Event Portal . The Student Services team will review the details of the request and will then post the event to the Law Calendar.
Login to the Master Calendar to post Northwestern Law events held off campus .
Plan-it Purple Calendar
Plan-it Purple is Northwestern University's online events calendar. You may post your events on Plan-it Purple to publicize them to the greater University community.
To post on Plan-it Purple, you must first create a group and then use the Administer Groups link to:
- Post/Modify events
- Edit your group's contact information
- Create a custom calendar for your group