the JD-MBA Association Website.
The JD-MBA Association consists of students that are enrolled in the
Northwestern University JD-MBA program, a joint degree between Northwestern
Law School and the Kellogg School of Management. This website is intended
to support current students, prospective students, employers, alumni,
and anyone else that is seeking to learn about, interact with, or meet
the Northwestern JD-MBA community.
Prospective students should make sure that they review the admissions
Download the latest JD-MBA newsletter.
- JD-MBA Ben Kaplan '15 and teammates Emma Gergen '14, Keith Roux '14, Garrett Greer '14, and Andrew Welch '14 won the 2014 Wharton Private Equity Buyout Case Competition. Read more.
- JD-MBA Jason Sandler '15 and teammate Tyler Wanke '15 had a successful year winning the Global Venture Labs Investment Competition, finishing 4th and winning the Women's Health Prize at the Rice Business Plan Competition and finishing second at the Stu Clark Investment Competition for their new venture Innoblative Designs. Read more.
- JD-MBA Mike Denklau '14 and Adam Hopson '13 won the second annual Origami Capital Partners Idea Challenge for his new concept involving asset liquidation. Read more.
- JD-MBAs Brian Hill '15 and Adam Hopson '13 were members of a team that earned the top price at the KIN Global Summit for launching a new venture, Jail Education Solutions, raising a total of $1.25M. Viren Tellis, Adam Hopson, and Robbie Salter. Read more.
- NuMat Technologies, led by JD-MBA alumnus Ben Hernandez '13, received $2 million in seed funding to commercialize nano porous materials that can significantly improve storage efficiency for gas applications.Read more.
- JD-MBA Daniel Kilduff ('14) was selected to be an ISEN Cluster Fellow, one of five students awarded a full-tuition scholarship for one academic year.Read more.
- JD-MBA John Kuelper ('14) was selected to join the Society of Kauffman Fellows, a global network of leading venture capital investors and entrepreneurs.Read more.
- Two JD-MBAs, Daniel Klein ('15) and Jason Sandler ('15) were selected for the Zell Scholars Program, an applied entrepreneurial education program created to foster entrepreneurship at Kellogg. Read more.
- Two JD-MBAs, David Barrera Garza ('15) and Benjamin Kaplan ('15) placed third in the Tenth Annual American Bankruptcy Institute Corporate Restructuring Competition.Read more.
- JD-MBAs Adam Hopson ('13), Robbie Salter ('13), and Viren Tellis ('13) Advance to the inter nation finals of the VC Investment Competition after winning 1st place at the Mountain Regional.
- Kirkland & Ellis donated $5 million, to be distributed
over five years, to Northwestern Law School. The donation was funded
by the Kirkland & Ellis foundation and 31 senior partners. Part
of the gift will be used to provide scholarships to Northwestern JD-MBA