Welcome, Incoming Students!
Congratulations on your admission to Northwestern University School of Law. We are eager to help you begin your legal education at Northwestern Law Orientation 2015.
We will be making updates and adding additional information in the next few weeks. Please bookmark this site and be sure to check back with us.
This schedule is tentative and subject to minor revisions. A final schedule will be available during Orientation.
August 25th Legal Profession Rotations
For Tuesday, August 25, you will have several ''Legal Profession Rotations'', including a session on ''Introduction to the Court System''. This session, taught by Professor Elizabeth Inglehart and Brian Silbernagel, will be interactive. Be prepared to discuss Introduction to American Legal System. Please be prepared to complete these questions, regarding the court system during the session.
*Please note, Transfer, MSL, LLM Human Rights and LLM/Tax Program students are not required to read this article.
August 25th 12:30 p.m. Professionalism, Organization, Team Advancement and Leadership (PORTAL)
Please read and prepare to discuss, A Killer's 26-year-old Secret May Set Inmate Free , same reading for all sections.
Please read and prepare to discuss, 26-Year Secret Kept Innocent Man in Prision , same reading for all sections.
August 26th 9:00 a.m. Mock Class & Debrief
Please read the case for your section.
- JD Section 1 Prof. DiCola Mock Case
- JD Section 2 Prof. Markell Mock Case
- JD Section 3 Prof. Provenzano Mock Case
- JD Section 4 Prof. Kadens Mock Case
- LLM Section 1 and 2 Prof. Bennett Mock Case
- LLM Section 3 and 4 Prof. Reed Mock Case
August 26th 10:30 a.m. Prof Talk
For Wednesday, August 26th, you will attend two ''Prof Talk'' sessions with our faculty members. Please click on Prof Talk Session 1 and Prof Talk Session 2 to find your name listed in alpha order and locate the room you should report to for each Prof Talk session.
Information for Incoming Students
- JD Students (Including JD/MBA, JD/PhD, Visiting and JD/LLM IHR)
- Transfer Students
- LLM Students (International Program, Human Rights Program and Exchange Prgram)
- LLM Tax Student (Program starts on Wednesday, August 26th)
- WildCARD Services for Northwestern Law Students
- Fitness and Recreation Information
- Child Care Information
- Parking Information for Northwestern Law Students
- Student Housing