Please note that the Pritzker Legal Research Center's FirstSearch subscription is available only to members of the Northwestern Law community. To begin using FirstSearch, please select one of the following databases:
- ArticleFirst . Has bibliographic citations to articles and tables of contents from more than 12,000 journals in a variety of subject areas. Dates of coverage: 1990 to present.
- Electronic Collections Online . Abstracts and full text articles from over 3,000 journals in a variety of subject areas. Dates of coverage: 1995 to present.
- ERIC . Annotated references to over 2,000 titles "issued in the monthly Resources in Education (RIE) and to journal articles issued in the monthly Current Index to Journals in Education (CIJE)." Dates of coverage: 1966 to present.
- GPO Monthly Catalog . Bibliographic citations to over 522,000 U.S. federal government publications of all types, including "Congressional reports, hearings, debates, and records, judiciary materials, and documents issued by executive departments." Dates of coverage: 1976 to present.
- MEDLINE . Citations and abstracts to articles in over 9,000 journals in all areas of medicine. Dates of coverage: 1966 to present.
- PapersFirst . An "index of papers presented at conferences worldwide." Dates of coverage: 1993 to present.
- ProceedingsFirst . "Provides citations of every congress, symposium, conference, exposition, workshop and meeting received at The British Library." Dates of coverage: 1993 to present.
- WorldCat (the OCLC Online Union Catalog) . Contains records for over 48 million books, journals, etc. that have been cataloged by libraries worldwide.