Please note that the Pritzker Legal Research Center's FirstSearch subscription is available only to members of the Northwestern Law community. To begin using FirstSearch, please select one of the following databases:
- ABI/INFORM . Has "abstracts of articles from international professional publications, academic journals, and trade magazines;" some articles are available full-text. Dates of coverage: 1971 to present.
- ArticleFirst . Has bibliographic citations to articles and tables of contents from more than 12,000 journals in a variety of subject areas. Dates of coverage: 1990 to present.
- Contemporary Women's Issues . Indexes more than 1,500 "books, journals, newsletters, research reports from non-profit groups, government and international agencies, and fact sheets;" some articles are available full-text. Dates of coverage: 1992 to present.
- Electronic Collections Online . Abstracts and full text articles from over 3,000 journals in a variety of subject areas. Dates of coverage: 1995 to present.
- ERIC . Annotated references to over 2,000 titles "issued in the monthly Resources in Education (RIE) and to journal articles issued in the monthly Current Index to Journals in Education (CIJE)." Dates of coverage: 1966 to present.
- GPO Monthly Catalog . Bibliographic citations to over 522,000 U.S. federal government publications of all types, including "Congressional reports, hearings, debates, and records, judiciary materials, and documents issued by executive departments." Dates of coverage: 1976 to present.
- MEDLINE . Citations and abstracts to articles in over 9,000 journals in all areas of medicine. Dates of coverage: 1966 to present.
- Newspaper Abstracts . Contains abstracts to significant articles, reviews, editorials, commentaries, editorial cartoons, and other items from over 50 U.S. national and regional newspapers. Dates of coverage: 1989 to present.
- PapersFirst . An "index of papers presented at conferences worldwide." Dates of coverage: 1993 to present.
- ProceedingsFirst . "Provides citations of every congress, symposium, conference, exposition, workshop and meeting received at The British Library." Dates of coverage: 1993 to present.
- World Almanac . A web-based version of the popular print almanac. Includes "biographies, encyclopedia entries, facts, statistics." Dates of coverage: 1998 to present.
- WorldCat (the OCLC Online Union Catalog) . Contains records for over 48 million books, journals, etc. that have been cataloged by libraries worldwide.