International Team Project: Iceland and Greenland Research Checklist
This is a selective list of resources on Iceland and Greenland prepared for the International Team Project: Iceland and Greenland course at Northwestern University School of Law in the Spring 2012 semester.
Selected Government Web Sites
Laws and Legal System - Introductions, Research Guides, and Selected Internet Resources
Legislation and/or case law
Constitution and Constitutional Law
Finding Books at Northwestern University
Finding Books at Other Libraries
- WorldCat . WorldCat is a catalog with records from thousands of libraries. It can be used to identify materials not held by Northwestern University. Northwestern University students can place interlibrary loan requests either directly through WorldCat or via the interlibrary loan request form found on the library's home page.
- Many subject areas are relevant-- not just law.
- Use indexes to identify relevant articles.
- "Advanced search" is often easier than "basic search."
- Find a relevant citation, then click on "subject headings" or "descriptors" to find more.
- "Find it at NU" button often leads to electronic full text.
- NUsearch "journal title" search leads to print and/or electronic full text.
- Finding Articles and Papers on Foreign and Comparative Law (for articles on law of countries other than the U.S. and comparative law methodology, from journals published both in the U.S. and abroad)
- Finding Articles and Papers on International Law (for public and private international law)
- Find Non-Law Articles (for subjects in the social sciences, humanities, and sciences)
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT) Entries for doctoral dissertations and master's theses, many of which are available in full text for immediate free download. Can search by school, e.g., Northwestern.
News: General, Legal, and Business
- LexisNexis .
News & Business > Country and Region (excluding US) > Iceland > Iceland News
News & Business > Country and Region (excluding US) > Denmark (including Greenland) > Denmark News
International/Worldwide materials > Databases Listed Alphabetically by Country or Region > Iceland > Business and News
International/Worldwide materials > Databases Listed Alphabetically by Country or Region > Denmark (including Greenland) > Business and News
News > International News > Europe > Denmark OR Iceland
- World News Connection Provided to the National Technical Information Service (NTIS) by the Open Source Center (OSC). Monitors non-U.S. media sources.
- Iceland News (in English).
- BBC World Europe.
International Business Resources
Additional Resources for Selected Topics
Climate Change / Global Warming
Employment / Labor
Economic / Business / Bankruptcy