Finding Articles and Papers on International Law
The following resources can be used to identify articles (and sometimes other types of material) on various aspects of international law and international relations.
Start with multi-topic legal indexes:
Then use specialized indexes:
- ECLAS. European Commission Libraries Catalogue. A bibliographic database of catalog records in the area of European affairs, as well as citations to periodical articles. Also includes links to Internet.
- Public International Law Max Planck Institute - for Comparatve Public Law and International Law. An index of articles and monographic literature, covers 1996-.
- Public International Law (I, REF JX 3091 .P82) A print version of the public international law component of the Max Planck Institute electronic resource listed above, covers 1975-.
- RAVE - An index to recent (1995- ) articles and decisions on public international law and European law. Links to WWW resources are provided. Note: project was suspended in 2004.
- CIAO - Citations, abstracts, and selected full-text articles covering topics in international affairs, collected largely from university- and foundation-funded research institutes, non-governmental organizations, and academic conferences. Includes working papers, conference proceedings, journal and book abstracts, and links to related resources.
- PAIS International (1972 - present) and PAIS International Archive (1937-1976). An index to the literature on public policy, social policy, and the social sciences. Includes citations to books, documents, pamphlets, reports of public and private agencies, and periodical articles published throughout the world. Indexed materials are in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
For related areas, see the following: