Some Current Awareness Sources for International Law
Many of these resources provide and email update service or RSS feed. For information on setting up Lexis and Westlaw alerts and RSS feeds, please see the Research Alerts page of the law library's web site.]
- American Society of International Law (ASIL) provides several current awareness resources. ASIL Insights provides brief, analytical accounts of current developments. For articles specific to human rights, click on the ASIL"Issues" tab to access the section on Human Rights & Humanitarian Law. International Law in Brief is a source for new and important primary documents relevant to international law, such as cases, treaties, and resolutions. These documents may later appear in International Legal materials (below). Also see ASIL Newsletter and International Judicial Monitor. Free email subscriptions are available for ASIL Insights, International Law in Brief, and International Judicial Monitor. RSS feeds for ASIL Insights, International Judicial Monitor and Press Releases are available here.
- International Legal Materials. American Society of International Law. Full text of current, significant primary documents, such as treaties and agreements, judicial and arbitral decisions, national legislation, and international organization documents.
I,REF JX 68 .I5
Lexis (ILM file)
Westlaw ( ILM database; also included in ASIL database)
- United Nations website, especially "Global Issues and "In Focus" sections. 'Human Rights in the News" section of OHCHR welcome page.
- Many organizations (IGOs and NGOs) post articles on current developments and provide RSS feeds or email alerts. For lists of organizations see our web site for such pages as Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, International Criminal Law/War Crimes/Genocide, International Trade, Business, and Economic Law, and International Organizations.
- Jurist. University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Click on "International version" in top navigation bar to access World Legal News and "Topics," which leads to Current Awareness, a searchable archive on many international legal news topics, including human rights.
- FindLaw international law news.
- Legal, General, and Business News Sources page of the law library’s web site.
- Global Legal Monitor. Law Library of Congress. Current news articles and a searchable archive on legal developments, such as new legislation, from countries around the world.
- European Current Law: Monthly Digest. Legal developments from European countries and the European Union. N,EAA KJC 40 .E97
- International Law News. (A.B.A. Section of International Law and Practice) I,PER K 9 .M88365 and B,ABA KF 325.148 A15I56
- International Law Newsletters file (Lexis INTLTR file). A group file of various newsletters with a focus on business. I,PER K 9 .M88365 and B,ABA KF 325.148 A15I56
- International Trade Reporter (B.N.A.). I,MON KF 6656.5 .I56
- Tax Notes International. I,PER K24 .A9665
Lexis , as Tax Analysts Worldwide Tax Daily (TNI file)
- BNA's Daily Tax Report . News about legislative activity and judicial opinions for U.S. (federal and state) and foreign taxation.
- Blogs focusing on international law include: Opinio Juris; International Law Prof Blog; Lawfare (national security); IntLawGrrls; EJIL: Talk! (blog of the European Journal of International Law); Grotian Moment: The International War Crimes Trial Blog (Case Western Reserve University School of Law); Forced Migration Current Awareness by Elisa Mason; PhD Studies in Human Rights by William Schabas.