Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
Also see the following pages of the library's web site: Introduction to International Human Rights Research and Human Rights Treaties and Jurisprudence--Selected Resources.
Human Rights Research Guides
Comprehensive Human Rights Web Site
United Nations Human Rights Web Sites and Research Guide
Selected Human Rights Web Sites
- African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights
- African Commission on Human and Peoples' Rights (University of Minnesota Human Rights Library)
- African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights
- Amnesty International
Cambodia Tribunal Monitor
. Northwestern University School of Law Center for International Human Rights and Documentation Center of Cambodia.
- Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law. Washington College of Law, American University. Includes Inter-American Human Rights Database, which contains "documents in English and Spanish adopted by the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights since its first session, celebrated in 1960."
- Center for World Indigenous Studies
- Council of Europe, Directorate General of Human Rights.
- Equipo Nizkor
- European Court of Human Rights
- Forced Migration Online
- Freedom House
- Human Rights Education Associates (HREA)
- Human Rights First.
- Human Rights Internet
- Human Rights Watch
- HURIDOCS. Human Rights Documentation and Information Systems, International. Includes HuriSearch, which allows searching of over 5,000 human rights web sites.
- Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights (University of Minnesota Human Rights Library)
- Interights. International Centre for the Legal Protection of Human Rights. Includes Commonwealth and International Human Rights Case Law Databases.
- International Humanitarian Law Research Initiative. Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research (HPCR) at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Legislationline.org. Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). Database of international texts and domestic legislation in the OSCE region (the Caucasus, Central Asia, Europe, and North America) dealing with the rule of law and the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (SIM) Documentation Centre. Utrecht School of Law. Includes a database of case law of human rights supervisory organs.
- Project Diana--Human Rights Cases. Yale University Law School.
- Refugee Caselaw Site (The University of Michigan Law School). A searchable database of selected recent decisions from national courts that interpret the legal definition of a "refugee."
- Truth Commissions Digital Collection. United States Institute of Peace Library.
- U.S. Department of State, Human Rights Reports. Country reports on human rights practices.
- War and International Humanitarian Law. International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). Includes ICRC databases on international humanitarian law.
- Women's Human Rights Resources Programme. Bora Laskin Law Library, University of Toronto.