Legal Profession and Legal Education web sites
This page lists websites of organizations arranged into a number of broad categories:
Bar Associations | Courts and Judges | Law Schools, Law Faculty, and Law Students | Lawyers and Law Firms | Other Organizations
Courts and Judges
Law Schools, Law Faculty, and Law Students
Chicago-Area and Illinois Law Schools
Law School, Law Faculty, and Law Student Organizations
Lawyers and Law Firms
- Attorney Directory from Martindale is available for searching through Lexis. Contains information on lawyers in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and other regions.
- West Legal Directory (WLD) is available for searching through Westlaw. "[C]ontains over 1,000,000 profiles of law firms, branch offices, and biographical records of lawyers from all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the District of Columbia, Canada, England, and Europe."
- Martindale.com Lawyer Locator. Free Internet version of the Martindale-Hubbell product. Not as complete in coverage as the version available through Lexis.
- Law firms in Martindale Directory
- FindLaw: Find a Lawyer. A free site which allows one to look for either law firms or individual lawyers using the West Legal Directory.
- American Bar Foundation (ABF)
- American Law Institute
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education (includes a link to their SmartBooks )
- Illinois Legal Aid Online. The site provides lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents with information about their legal rights and responsibilities in the area of consumer law, criminal law, disability, education, family law, going to court, health care, housing, immigration, life planning, public benefits, senior citizens, taxes, and work. The site also referrals to free and low cost legal aid offices, multimedia training and education, and forms and instructions for representing themselves.
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- National Organization of Bar Counsel
- see also Bar Associations and Other Legal Associations (from WashLaw Web)