CyberCemetery: This site, from the Government Documents Department at the University of North Texas Libraries and the U.S. Government Printing Office, aims to provide permanent public access to the electronic web sites and publications of defunct U.S. government agencies and commissions
- Federal Agency Directory: This web site, hosted by Louisiana State University Libraries, has a hierarchical and alphabetical directory to provide rapid access to federal agency Internet sites.
- Administrative Actions and Other Decisions - By Agency: This site, by the University of Virginia Library, provides links to "administrative actions which are outside the scope of the CFR or the FR. What is available via the Internet varies from agency to agency."
- White House: This site provides access to White House press releases, briefings, executive orders, proclamations, speeches, and major policy documents.
Antitrust and Trade Regulation
U.S. Department of Justice. Antitrust Division: This site has information on antitrust guidelines, antitrust cases, international agreements, and bank mergers.
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission: This site includes texts of FTC rulings, discussion of how FTC actions are brought, speeches and articles, and various consumer publications.
- U.S. International Trade Commission: "An independent federal agency determining import injury to U.S. industries in antidumping, countervailing duty, and global and China safeguard investigations; directing actions against unfair trade practices involving patent, trademark, and copyright infringement; supporting policymakers through economic analysis and research on the global competitiveness of U.S. industries; and maintaining the
U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule."
Business and Economics
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System: This site includes information on the Federal Reserve system and provides access to its publications. Examples of publications available are: the annual report, testimony and speeches, and selected Federal Reserve Bulletin articles.
- FRASER (Federal Reserve Archival System for Economic Research): This site is sponsored by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and provides digital documents helpful in historical economic research.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: This site provides access to BLS data and research papers as well as recent economic statistics and regional BLS information.
- U.S. Department of Commerce: This site is a gateway to the many important divisions of this department that issue authoritative economic and business data. It provides a link to the following agencies: Bureau of Economic Administration, International Trade Administration, Patent and Trademark Office and the Bureau of the Census.
- U.S. Department of Labor: This site provides links to its divisions, which issue important economic statistics and data. It also has a link to laws and regulations enforced by the agency.
- STAT-USA: The web site, which is sponsored by the Economic and Statistics Administration of the Commerce Department, is one-stop shopping for economic, business, and international trade data and information.
Civil Rights Law
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (U.S. Department of Justice): This site has statistics and information on topics such as crimes and victims, law enforcement, drug-related crime, prosecution, courts and sentencing, corrections, and expenditures. It also has links to other sites with comprehensive statistics on these subjects.
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration: This site describes the DEA's goals and includes information and statistics on drug enforcement. It also includes publications and press releases.
- U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation: This site has information about the FBI's divisions and programs, as well as information about high-profile cases that the FBI is investigating. It also provides access to current FBI statistics and publications.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS): This site provides publications on a wide range of criminal justice topics and provides links to external Internet resources.
- U.S. Sentencing Commission: This site provides access to the Sentencing Commission reports to Congress, their various publications, and hearing transcripts. It also provides links to state sentencing commission sites.
Demographics and Population
- U.S. Census Bureau: This site provides access to Census Bureau statistics, gives population projections and economic indicators, and provides links to a range of demographic reports.
- U.S. Census Bureau. American FactFinder: This site, developed by the Census Bureau, allows you to search the 2000 Census of Population, the yearly American Community Survey and the 1997 Economic Census data and create individualized tabulations for different geographic areas.
- United States Historical Census Data Browser. Access U.S. census data from 1790 to 1960.
ERIC Database: This educational database is sponsored by the Education Resources Information Center of the U.S. Department of Education and has citations and full-text documents relating to educational literature. The citations are from 1966 to date and the full-text documents start in 1993.
Food and Drug Law
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: This site provides information on new FDA product approvals, safety alerts, and information for consumers. It also provides links to FDA publications, manuals, industry guidance documents and transcripts from FDA advisory committees.
- U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services: Formerly the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), this site has annual reports and statistics on immigration. It also has general information about the BCIS and the legislation and regulations it enforces.
U.S. Department of State: This site provides information on foreign policy, regional and global issues, such as human rights, and U.S. economic and trade policy.
- U.S. Office of the Trade Representative: This site is a source for reports, speeches and testimony, and press releases issued by the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security: This site provides policy statements, major speeches, and recent news from the agency responsible for coordinating strategy in the U.S. fight against terrorism.
- Homeland Security Digital Library. This web site maintained by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is a source for homeland security policy documents and also allows you to search across state government homeland security sites and homeland security knowledge bases.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission : This site provides access to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database, as well as information on current SEC rulemaking, and is a good source for current SEC reports.
- Tax Forms and Publications: This site, from the Internal Revenue Service, provides access to U.S. tax forms and other tax publications.