Accelerated LLM Program
Applications will be accepted starting September 1 for the 2013 session.
Northwestern University School of Law offers a unique Master of Laws (LLM) program, which allows international lawyers to study business law in a concentrated format.
A Business-Focused Accelerated LLM Program
The accelerated LLM program brings together law graduates from diverse non-U.S. jurisdictions to study in the heart of Chicago, one of the most vibrant business communities in the world. The program attracts candidates with experience in practice or other settings, who bring an appreciation of their home country’s legal system, as well as an interest in learning in a truly global setting. The accelerated LLM program is intended for candidates whose personal or professional obligations limit their ability to spend an entire year studying in the United States in a traditional LLM program.
- Accelerated LLM students earn an LLM degree in an intensive 15-week in-class time period over one summer in Chicago (May through mid August) or two 7.5-week sessions over two summers.
- Program emphasizes the important role of the lawyer as a strategic business advisor.
- Courses focus on business contracts, business and corporate organization, intellectual property, negotiation, securities regulation, antitrust, international taxation, and American trial process.
- Students are taught by internationally recognized full-time Northwestern Law faculty.
- Classes involve lively discussions, with problems and case studies as well as the use of leading educational technologies.
- Students have the opportunity to interact with JD students in Northwestern’s innovative Accelerated JD program, expanding the LLM graduate’s American and international network.
Premiere Urban Location
Chicago is home to many world-class law firms and multinational corporations. The LLM program draws on these resources to expose students to the ways in which business issues related to law arise outside the classroom. Regular discussions with practitioners and executives will facilitate bridging classroom discussions with the real world.
High Quality LLM Education Delivered in a Cost and Time Efficient Manner
Northwestern Law School's accelerated LLM program offers a unique opportunity to study American business law in one of the most cost and time efficient masters in law (LLM) formats. In the upcoming year, we expect to add local and distance learning LLM modules that increase the depth, variety, and flexibility of the program's course offerings. Whether you are considering a traditional masters of law, distance learning LLM, executive LLM, online LLM, or summer LLM program, be sure to consider Northwestern Law School's accelerated LLM program among your alternatives.
For general inquiries, please e-mail the accelerated LLM Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.