Calendar and Announcements
Law School Calendar
As soon as an event has been planned and a room secured, it should be posted to the Law School Calendar.
- List the person or organization that has planned the event and a contact person's name, phone number, and e-mail address
- Use a descriptive heading*, include a detailed event description, and list any outside sponsors as well as the date, time, and location
Your posting will appear in a number of places, including:
- The weekly calendar on the News & Events web page during the week of the event
- The Northwestern Law homepage on the day of the event
- The Atrium plasma screen and wall mounted electronic directories on the day of the event (if the event is taking place at the Law School)
- The daily morning Esqwire e-mail on the day of the event
If you would like your department's events or announcements to show up on your department Web page please contact the Law web group.
Consider using the announcement feature instead of sending a broadcast e-mail about your event.
The announcement option can be used to:
- Promote an event the week before the event is to take place
- Announce contests, scholarships, deadlines, congratulations, or any non-Law-School specific event
Announcements will remain on the right side of the Events & Announcements page for eight days and will appear in the morning e-mail the day after they are posted.
*Note: Descriptive headings are important for reaching your target audiences with event and announcement postings. For instance, "Movie Screening: Dazed and Confused" is more informative than just "Movie Screening," and "SBA Weekly Meeting" says more than just "Weekly Meeting."
Plan-it Purple is Northwestern University's online events calendar. Plan-it Purple is a comprehensive, searchable listing of every event at Northwestern University. You may post your events on Plan-it Purple to publicize them to the greater University community.
To post on Plan-it Purple, you must first create a group and then use the Administer groups link to:
- Post/Modify events
- Edit your group's contact information
- Create a custom calendar for your group