LLM Tax Students
The Career Strategy Center has an adviser devoted exclusively to students in the LLM Tax Program. The following services and programs are available for LLM Tax students:
- Individual career counseling
- Resume collections and job postings
- Tax Attorney Recruiting Event (TARE) job fair
- LLM Tax specific seminars, panels and training including:
- Orientation to Career Services
- Introduction to the LLM Tax Job Search
- Networking, Informational Interviewing and Your Elevator Pitch
- Interviewing as an LLM Tax Candidate
- LinkedIn for LLM Tax Students and Graduates
- LLM Tax Alumni Coaching Program (students are matched with Chicago-area LLM Tax alumni for mock interviews and mentoring)
- Business Etiquette Lunch for LLM Tax students
- Panels on Tax Careers at Law Firms and Tax Careers at the Big 4
- Law School-wide career events including:
- Mock Interviews
- Career Night and the Legal Market Series
- Tax Law Society events
LLM Tax Employment Statistics
The Tax Program at Northwestern Law wishes to provide prospective candidates with the employment statistics and results of students who have recently graduated from the program. For the most recent Class of 2014, 92% of graduates were employed at 10 months after graduation. Our graduates were employed across the country and internationally. As you will see in our graphic, 21% of those employed went to law firms and 61% of the class went to accounting firms, a large employer for Tax LLM graduates across the country. Of that group, 9% of the class went to a national office position within one of the accounting firms. For the Class of 2013, 85% of graduates were employed at 9 months after graduation.
Career Services for International Students in the LLM in Taxation
International students have access to all of the career services for tax students as well as those for international students.
For more information, please contact Mary Maher.