LLM Tax Students
The Career Strategy Center has an adviser devoted exclusively to students in the LLM Tax Program. The following services and programs are available for LLM Tax students:
- Individual career counseling
- Resume collections and job postings
- Tax Attorney Recruiting Event (TARE) job fair
- LLM Tax specific seminars, panels and training including:
- Orientation to Career Services
- Introduction to the LLM Tax Job Search
- Networking, Informational Interviewing and Your Elevator Pitch
- Interviewing as an LLM Tax Candidate
- LinkedIn for LLM Tax Students and Graduates
- LLM Tax Alumni Coaching Program (students are matched with Chicago-area LLM Tax alumni for mock interviews and mentoring)
- Business Etiquette Lunch for LLM Tax students
- Panels on Tax Careers at Law Firms and Tax Careers at the Big 4
- Law School-wide career events including:
- Mock Interviews
- Career Night and the Legal Market Series
- Tax Law Society events
Tax Court Clerkships
Northwestern's Tax Program strongly encourages its current students and graduates to consider opportunities with the United States Tax Court due to the wealth of experience to be gained in these positions.
Career Services for International Students in the LLM in Taxation
International students have access to all of the career services for tax students as well as those for international students.
For more information, please contact Mary Maher.