12th Annual Entrepreneurship Law Conference
Friday, March 31, 2017
From the initial idea to launching a new venture, an entrepreneur encounters legal questions every step of the way.
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law's Annual Entrepreneurship Law Conference is designed as a forum to explore various legal issues that entrepreneurs face when considering new ventures. Each year, a series of panel discussion provide practical, relevant information and an on-site law clinic provides more focused conversation.
This year, Nazar Yasin, Founder and Managing Partner of Rise Capital and Founder and Executive Chairman of MarcoPolo Learning, will be presented with the Distinguished Entrepreneur Award and will deliver the keynote speech.
- Taking Your Company Global: Lessons from AirBnB
- Raising Funds from US and Global Sources
- Creating a Successful Startup in an International Market
The Conference is being hosted by Northwestern Law's Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center and the Entrepreneurship Law Center student group. We are also grateful to our sponsors.
Space is limited. Based on past experience as well as the exciting roster of panelists and participants, we expect the conference will be fully subscribed. Attendees come from various backgrounds, including start-up executives, aspiring entrepreneurs, financiers, service providers, thought leaders, and students from law, business, and engineering schools as well as high school students enrolled in entrepreneurship classes. Due to this overwhelming interest, please register early to reserve your spot.
The nearest paid parking structure is located at 222 E. Huron (C-Lot, Huron-St. Clair Self Park), but there is also street parking. You must enter the main law school entrance at 375 E. Chicago Ave., between Levy Mayer Hall and the Rubloff Building. Other doors may be locked.
Parking Information | Driving Directions
Distinguished Entrepreneur Award Recipients
- 2016 Stuart Frankel, Chief Executive Officer of Narrative Science
- 2015 Tom Morsch, Founder of Small Business Opportunity Center at Northwestern Law
- 2014 Joe Dwyer, venture capitalist, technologist, and serial entrepreneur
- 2013 J. B. Pritzker, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Pritzker Group
- 2012 Tom Churchwell, Managing Partner of Midwest Venture Partners and Founder of ViMedicus, Inc.
- 2011 Chuck Templeton, Founder of OpenTable.com
- 2010 Marc Schulman, President of Eli's Cheesecake
- 2009 Buzz Ruttenberg, Founder of Belgravia Group
- 2008 Howard Tullman, venture capitalist, technologist, and serial entrepreneur
- 2007 Matt Ferguson, Chief Executive Officer of CareerBuilder.com
- 2006 Randall Kaplan, Co-Founder of Akamai Technologies and Founder of Jump Investors