Admissions - The Northwestern Law Difference
In today's competitive world, law students soon discover that their support for each other is vital to their success. Our collegial, noncompetitive environment plays a large role in the success of our students. To build help our community, we consider many factors beyond test scores and GPAs when evaluating applications:
Our students reflect a broad range of experience and opinion:
- We have the most geographically diverse student body in the country.
- We have one of the highest percentages of racially and ethnically diverse students among top law schools.
- Our JD class is split equally between men and women.
- Because work experience is such an important factor in our admissions process, no other top law school can match the extensive real world perspectives that our students bring to the classroom:
- 90 percent of our entering students have had one or more years of full-time work experience.
- More than 70 percent have had at least two years.
- Approximately 50 percent have worked three or more years before entering Northwestern Law.
We hope you will consider joining our community.