Center for Practice Engagement and Innovation
Economic forces have reshaped the legal profession. Our students and the marketplace they will enter demand a balanced, creative instructional mix that combines the best the academy can offer in both teaching law and training lawyers.
How can we further ensure our students are the best prepared to engage the practice of law at a time of fundamental change and dynamic evolution in our profession?
The Center for Practice Engagement and Innovation (CPEI) endeavors to answer this question.
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law has always offered a curriculum that combines legal theory and practice through its commitment to experiential learning in the Bluhm Legal Clinic, by introducing intensive semester-long practicum opportunities, and through our long-standing commitment to simulation education.
Now, we will do even more.
CPEI is an incubator for legal education innovation.
- We will bring together perse voices and perspectives on key topics in legal education and the profession—from outside the Law School and from within.
- We will engage the leaders of the profession to help us shape best practices for training future leaders in law.
- We will accelerate the vast resources within our community that are already deeply and energetically confronting these new challenges.
- We will listen to all ideas, propose innovation, and implement meaningful change.
- We will deliver actionable intelligence around which we can build our programs and curriculum, exchange ideas about the great work already occurring at the Law School in these areas, support academic efforts touching on issues of the profession, and more deeply engage the wider Northwestern Law community in facing the challenges ahead.
Northwestern Law has always been ahead of the curve for innovative approaches to legal education.
Be a part of the work of the Center for Practice Engagement and Innovation and help us bend that curve to better serve the careers of our graduates and the vitality of our profession.