Attendance at all Research Roundtables is by invitation only. If you are interested in receiving an invitation, please send your request to: email@example.com.
Fourth Annual Research Roundatble on the Law and Economics of Digital Markets
Thursday, October 9-Friday, October 10, 2014
This roundtable is organized by Peter DiCola, Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University School of Law and Shane Greenstein, The Kellogg Chair in Information Technology, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
- Jonathan B. Baker, Washington College of Law, American University
- Kate Darling, MIT Media Lab
- Ben Depoorter, University of California, Hastings College of Law
- Peter DiCola, Northwestern University School of Law
- Stephanie Holmes Didwania, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Kristelia García, University of Colorado Law School
- Shubha Ghosh, University of Wisconsin Law School
- Shane Greenstein, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Erik Hovenkamp, Northwestern University School of Law
- Benjamin F. Jones, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Ariel Katz, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
- Petra Moser, Stanford University, Economics Department
- Guy Rub, The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- Matthew Sag, Loyola University of Chicago School of Law
- Aaron Shaw, Northwestern University School of Communications
- Benjamin R. Schiller, Brandeis University International Business School
- Matthew L. Spitzer, Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth
- Koleman Strumpf, University of Kansas School of Business
- Joel Waldfogel, University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- Ryan Whalen, Northwestern University School of Law
- Laurina Zhang, Ivey Business School, Western University
“Panning for Gold: The Random Long Tail in Music Production”
Joel Waldfogel, Frederick R Kappel Chair in Applied Economics, University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
“Occupy Copyright: A Law & Economic Analysis of U.S. Author TerminationRights”
Kate Darling, Research Specialist, MIT Media Lab
“Copyright and Creativity? Evidence from Italian Operas”
Petra Moser, Assistant Professor, Stanford University, Economics Department
“On the Partial (In)Alienability of Users’ Rights”
Ariel Katz, Associate Professor, Innovation Chair in Electronic Commerce, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
"Copyright and Contracts Meet and Conflict: Copyright Preemption of Contracts"
Guy Rub, Assistant Professor of Law, The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law
“Intellectual Property Strategy and the Long Tail: Evidence from the Recorded Music Industry”
Laurina Zhang, Assistant Professor, Ivey Business School, Western University
Leadership Roundtable on Talent Analytics and Workforce Science
Thursday, October 23-Friday, October 24, 2014
The Workforce Science Project of Northwestern University School of Law’s Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth will hold a roundtable to discuss advanced issues in the analysis of talent and the workforce. This will be a small invitation-only event that will include analysts in leadership positions in firms with an established Talent Analytics practice, as well as academics with expertise in this area.
The roundtable will focus on topics at the more advanced end of the analytics spectrum. Because these are emerging issues, the roundtable will emphasize discussion and interactive knowledge exchange over formal presentations.
- Matthew Bain, Deloitte Consulting
- Buddy Benge, HR Analytics , Global Talent & Organizational Capability Team, Monsanto
- Lorenzo Canlas, Head of Talent Analytics, LinkedIn
- Dave Fineman, VP of HR Analytics & Reporting, State Street
- Werner Geyer, Research Manager, The Data Science User Experience Lab (DUX), IBM
- John Gibbons, CEO and Founder, Talent Decision Sciences Institute
- David Hoffman, Manager, People Analytics, Google Inc.
- Michael Housman, Chief Analytics Officer, Evolv, Inc.
- Jennifer Kurkoski, Director, People & Innovation Lab (PiLab), Google Inc.
- Stela Lupushor, Director of Workforce Analytics, TIAA-CREF
- Dylan Minor, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Amit Mohindra, VP, Workforce Intelligence, McKesson Corporation
- Michael Moon, Director of Research, Human Capital Management, Aberdeen Group
- Tiffany Morris, Vice President of Talent Management, Sears Holdings Company
- Neal Narayani, Talent Analytics Lead, Uber Technologies
- Debra H. Nelson, Talent Analytics Supervisor - Attract Team, Caterpillar Inc.
- Ernest Ng, Senior Director, Employee Success, Salesforce.com
- Ian O’Keefe, Senior Director, Head of Talent Analytics & Reporting, Sears Holdings Corporation
- Karen O'Leonard, Vice President, Analytics & Benchmarking Research, Bersin by Deloitte
- Nicola Persico, Professor of Managerial Economics & Decision Sciences; Academic Director, Searle Center Project on Workforce Science, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Josh Sacco, Head of People Analytics, Facebook
- N. Sadat Shami, Team Leader, Workforce Social Analytics, IBM
- Jay Smith, Sr. Director, HR Operations Target Corporation
- Matthew L. Spitzer, Howard and Elizabeth Chapman Professor of Law, and Director, Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth, Northwestern University School of Law
- Tim Wadholm, Director, Workforce & Predictive Analytics
- Deborah M. Weiss, Director, Workforce Science Project, Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth, Northwestern University School of Law
Book Preview Roundtable on Bernard Black, David Hyman, Charles Silver, Myungho Paik, and William Sage, To Sue is Human: A Profile of Medical Malpractice Litigation
Thursday, November 20-Friday, November 21, 2014
- Bernie Black, Northwestern University School of Law
- Patricia Born, College of Business, Florida State University
- Stephen Daniels, American Bar Foundation and Northwestern University
- Michael Frakes, Northwestern University School of Law
- Eric Helland, Claremont McKenna College, Department of Economics
- David Hyman, University of Illinois College of Law
- Stephan Landsman, DePaul University College of Law
- Jing Liu, University of Illinois
- Maxwell J. Mehlman, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Myungho Paik, Northwestern University School of Law
- Christopher Rhodes, The University of Chicago Press
- William Sage, University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- Max Schanzenbach, Northwestern University School of Law
- Joanna Schwartz, University of California Los Angeles School of Law
- Seth Seabury, University of Southern California Leonard D. Schaeffer Center for Health Policy & Economics
- Catherine M. Sharkey, New York University School of Law
- Charles Silver, University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- Frank A. Sloan, Duke University, The Fuqua School of Business
- Matthew L. Spitzer, Searle Center on Law, Regulation, and Economic Growth at Northwestern Law
- David Studdert, Stanford Medical School and Stanford Law School
Research Roundtable on Women in the Workplace-Perspectives from the Academy and the Corporate World
Thursday, March 12-Friday, March 13, 2015
Additional details forthcoming.
Third Annual Research Roundtable on Patents and Technology Standards
Thursday, April 9-Friday, April 10, 2015
Additional details forthcoming.
Research Roundtable on Animal Law and Regulation
TBD July 2015
Additional details forthcoming.
View Past Roundtables