Assistant Professor of Law
Candice Player joined the law faculty in 2015 as an Assistant Professor of Law. She holds an A.B. from Harvard College, a J.D. from Harvard Law School, and a Ph.D. in Ethics and Health Policy from Harvard University. In 2003, Professor Player received an M.Phil. in Criminology from the University of Cambridge. Prior to joining Northwestern, served as the Naidoff Fellow in Health Policy, Law and Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Perelman School of Medicine (2013-2015). Her research and teaching interests include health care law and policy, mental health law and bioethics.
Areas of Expertise
- Health Care Law
- Mental Health Law
- Involuntary Outpatient Commitment: The Limits of Prevention in 26 stanford law & policy review 159 (2015).
- Outpatient Commitment and Procedural Due Process in 38 international journal of law and psychiatry 100 (2015).
- Public Assistance, Drug Testing, and the Law: The Limits of Population-Based Legal Analysis in 40 american journal of law & medicine 26 (2014).
- PhD, Ethics and Health Policy, Harvard University
- JD, Harvard Law School
- MPhil, Criminology, University of Cambridge
- AB, Medical Ethics and Health Policy, Harvard College
- Stephanie and Michael Naidoff Fellow in Health Policy, Law and Medicine, 2013-2015, University of Pennsylvania
- Fellow, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, 2013-2015, University of Pennsylvania