Ellen S. Mulaney
Ellen Mulaney joined the faculty in August, 2006. Before coming to Northwestern she was Coordinator of a joint child welfare ethics initiative between the University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. After law school Ms. Mulaney practiced administrative, corporate and tax law at firms in Washington, D.C. and Chicago. She served for ten years as a member of the Illinois State Board of Ethics and currently serves on the Illinois Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness. She won a Dean’s Teaching Award in 2008.
- Ethical Child Welfare Practice (Child Welfare League Of America Press) (with Martin G. Leever, Gina Deciani, Heather Hasslinger, Eileen Gambrill).
- Executive Privilege: an Institutional Perspective (American Bar Foundation).
- BS magna cum laude, Georgetown University
- JD, Yale University
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University School of Law
- Child Welfare Ethics Program Coordinator, University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration
- Associate, Hopkins & Sutter, Chicago
- Associate, Covington & Burling, Washington, DC