Clinical Assistant Professor of Law
Phone: (312) 503-7606
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
John Thornton specialized in complex commercial litigation and employment law as an associate at Jenner & Block LLP, Vedder, Price, Kaufman & Kammholz, PC, and, most recently, at Scandaglia & Ryan. He received a BA from Notre Dame, a Masters in Applied Linguistics from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and a JD from Northwestern Law.
- 2008 Developments in Illinois Employment Discrimination Law in Employment issue, Vol. 23 andrews litigation reporter 8 (November 18, 2008) (with Alan W. Nicgorski).
- Record Retention and Litigation Holds for Financial Institutions in the review of banking & financial services (June 2006) (with Bruce A. Radke).
- Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions in Chapter 9, Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Business & Commercial Litigation, 2007 edition (with Gregory J. Scandaglia, William J. Ryan, and Bradley D. Hergott).
- Winning the Battle of the Forms in illinois bar journal (July 2008) (with William J. Ryan).
- BA magna cum laude, University of Notre Dame
- MA, University of Illinois at Chicago
- JD, Northwestern University
Associate, 2006-2009, Scandaglia & Ryan
Associate, 2005-2006, Vedder, Price, Kaufman & Kammholz, PC
Associate, 2002-2005, Jenner & Block LLP
English as a Second Language (ESL) Lecturer, 1985-1999, University of Illinois at Chicago
English as a Second Language Instructor, 1983-1985, Truman College Refugee Program