Jide Okechuku Nzelibe
Professor of Law
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs
Affiliated Faculty, Ford Motor Company Center for Global Citizenship
Phone: (312) 503-5295
SSRN Author Page
| Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Jide Nzelibe joined Northwestern's faculty as an assistant professor in 2004 became a full Professor in 2008. He served as the Bigelow Teaching Fellow and Lecturer in Law at the University of Chicago before joining Northwestern Law. In addition to his JD from Yale Law School, he also holds an MPA in international relations from Princeton University, where he was awarded a fellowship from the Woodrow Wilson Foundation and a pre-doctoral fellowship from the Ford Foundation. His research and teaching interests include international trade, foreign relations law, public and private international law and contracts.
Areas of Expertise
- International Business Transactions
- Foreign Relations
- International Trade
- International Law
View additional publications
- Our Partisan Foreign Affairs Constitution in 97 minnesota law review 838-906 (2013).
- Political Accountability under Alternative Institutional Regimes in 22 journal of theoretical politics 139 (2010). (with Matthew Stephenson )
- Complementary Constraints: Separation of Powers, Rational Voting, and Constitutional Design in 123 harvard law review 617-654 (2010). (with Matthew C. Stephenson )
- The Case Against Reforming the WTO Enforcement Mechanism in 2008 university of illinois law review 319.
- Are Congressionally Authorized Wars Perverse? in 59 stanford law review 907-953 (2007).
- The Fable of the Nationalist President and the Parochial Congress in 53 ucla law review 1217-1273 (2006).
- Do International Criminal Tribunals Deter or Exacerbate Humanitarian Atrocities in 84 washington university law review 777 (2006). (with Julian Ku )
- BA, St. John's College
- MPA, Princeton University
- JD, Yale University
Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, Northwestern School of Law
Visiting Professor, Winter 2010, Harvard Law School
Visiting Professor, Fall 2009, NYU School of Law
Visiting Associate Professor, Winter & Spring 2008, University of Chicago Law School
Bigelow Teaching Fellow and Lecturer in Law, 2002-2004, University of Chicago Law School
Law Clerk, 1998-1999, Hon. Stephen F. Williams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
Associate, 1999-2002, Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd & Evans, PLLC