- Crossing the Class and Color Lines: From Public Housing to White Suburbia (University of Chicago Press, 2000) (with James E. Rosenbaum).
- The entry for Earl Burrus Dickerson in Yale Biographical Dictionary of American Law 162-163 (Yale University Press, 2009) (with Marcus Shepard ).
- Non-Violent Direct Action and the Legislative Process: The Chicago Freedom Movement and the Federal Fair Housing Act in 41 indiana law review 663-715 (2008) (with Kathryn Shelton ).
- Race and Gender in the Law Review in 100 northwestern university law review 27-70 (2006) (with Cynthia Grant Bowman, and Dorothy Roberts).
- Social Movements and Social-Change Litigation: Synergy in the Montgomery Bus Protest in 30 law & social inquiry 663 (2005) (with Christopher Coleman, and Laurence D. Nee).
- A Missing Piece: Fair Housing and the Civil Rights Act in 48 howard law journal 841-911 (2005) (with Ismail Alsheik).
View additional publications