Assistant Professor of Law
Phone: (312) 503-1321
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Nadav Shoked joined the Northwestern faculty in 2012 as an Assistant Professor of Law. Previously, he was a Visiting Assistant Professor at the University of Texas School of Law. His work focuses on the law and theory of property, on local government law, and on American legal history.
Areas of Expertise
- Local Government
- Legal History
- Land Use Planning
- Property Law
View additional publications
- The Duty To Maintain in 64 duke law journal (2014-15 forthcoming).
- The New Local in 100 virginia law review (2014 forthcoming).
- Quasi-Cities in 93 boston university law review 1971 (2013).
- Property’s Perspective (or of Whom to Be Jealous) in 161 university of pennsylvania law review online 118 (2013).
- The Reinvention of Ownership: The Embrace of Residential Zoning and the Modern Populist Reading of Property in 28 yale journal on regulation 91 (2011).
- The Community Aspect of Private Ownership in 38 florida state university law review 759 (2011).
- SJD, Harvard Law School
- LLB, Hebrew University
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Texas School of Law
Law Clerk, Justice Eliezer Rivlin, The Supreme Court of Israel
Teaching Fellow, Harvard College
Real Estate Associate, Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP