Diploma and Apostille

Replacement Diploma

Policy: The student who achieved the degree must place the diploma request.

To order a replacement diploma, visit the Northwestern University's Office of the Registrar website.


For information regarding apostille of a diploma for use in a foreign country, see the Illinois Secretary of State website. The Secretary of State accepts apostille applications from any requester. As a courtesy, the Office of the Registrar can notarize and forward your diploma to the State.

  1.  To ensure safe delivery, please send your original diploma to our office via FedEx.
  2.  In addition to the original diploma, you will need to also send to following:
    • Apostille Application Form from the Secretary of State website 
    • $2 per document check payable to Secretary of State
    • A pre-paid & addressed return envelope. The State - not Northwestern - will process the check and send the apostille and diploma to the address on your return envelope. Further questions regarding apostilles must be directed to the IL Secretary of State Index Department.

If you would also like to have your official transcript authenticated, please submit your request online and be sure to enter APOSTILLE in the Special Instructions.

Please send everything via FedEx to:

Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
Attn:  Law Registrar, MC127
375 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611